New Mexico Flying Forty #2 Spot – AGAIN
ALBUQUERQUE, NM, June 8, 2015 – For the second year in a row, Burgos Group, LLC–which manages construction, safety and facility operations at military installations–won the No. 2 spot for the Technology Ventures Corporation’s New Mexico Flying Forty. The company grew its revenue from $820,000 in 2010 to nearly $8 million last year. That includes a hefty 43 percent jump in revenue last year alone, up from $5.6 million in 2013.
The company increased its workforce from eight people in 2010 to 65 by last December. Since then, it’s added another 20 people.
“We expect to be close to 100 employees by the end of the year,” said company President and CEO Mario Burgos. “We haven’t stopped or sat back on our laurels. We’ve got a very strong pipeline of opportunities going back five years and we keep adding to it and increasing our workload.”
The Small Business Administration named the Burgos Group its 2015 Prime Contractor of the Year for Region VI. This includes New Mexico and five other states. The company has aggressively bid nonstop on military contracts nationwide to maintain a constant workflow.
“The trick is not to focus on just what’s in your backyard,” Burgos said. “Yes, federal budgets are contracting, but the government hasn’t stopped spending and it’s a huge market.”
- Game Changers For Government Contractors Book Now Available!
- Burgos Group makes the Inc. 5000 list for 6th Consecutive Year
- Mario Burgos Featured Guest on Federal Game Changers Episode 076 – The Value of SAME
- Burgos Group Recognized as New Mexico’s Highest-Ranking Fastest-Growing Company
- Burgos Group Soars on the 2018 New Mexico Technology Flying 40